Wednesday 29 December 2010

Its been a while...

Wow, I'd almost forgotten I had a blog. Life has been hectic, with Christmas, college work and assessments and everything! And our laptop is being very temperamental at the moment as well and who knows if it will switch on from one day to the next.

So Christmas is done, and what a stressful, busy and enjoyable time. I have to admit a part of me is glad it's over but it was nice - I feel like I have been quite spoiled this year with some very lovely and thoughtful gifts.

Now we've got the New Year and birthdays coming up, including Elise's 2nd birthday on 3rd Jan (how has that happened?!) and my *whispers* 30th in March. Not sure how best to enjoy my last couple of months of being in my twenties... gin and tears? Or should I save that for the day of impending doom itself?

Its also that time where I need to start thinking about my resolutions for the year ahead. I know not everyone subscribes to the idea of making new year resolutions but I like doing it, not that it necessarily means I'm more likely to keep them but in a years time I can look back and see what I wanted to achieve throughout the year and if I've been anywhere near successful. One in particular I want to make is to become better at sewing - I got a sewing book for Christmas from my Mum with loads of projects in it, so I'm going to try and make time every week or so to sit and work on something out of that. Perhaps my aim will be to finish the book by this time next year?
And one I make every year - to become more organised! I started last year using Flylady with some success - although I have to admit it fell to the wayside a bit with college taking up so much time. I've got myself a family organiser/calendar thing for the wall too which should help with not forgetting things (assuming I remember to fill it in of course...). Any tips welcome from the more organised people out there reading this!

Anyway, there will undoubtedly be more to come but that will do for now. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to a happy and prosperous New Year!

4 comments:

  1. See these parents who didn't think about their poor children with birthdays in early January. You would think I'd know better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Eileen's back :) I want to get better at sewing this year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope 2011 brings you and your family health and happiness - and lots of sewing time for you! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i started another new blog. whats the bets on my forgetting about it in two weeks?

    ReplyDelete