Thursday 3 February 2011

3 things February - 3rd February, a trying day

Today has not been the greatest. It started off around 3am this morning when I woke up on the sofa and realised I'd fallen asleep there last night. Off to bed I went where my 6am alarm gleefully woke me up to do some studying before organising the kids and myself for school and all that. 'Not a chance' I thought. So I got up for my normal time and looked out the window to see... snow! Great.
At college we had our final NAB of block one, for Sociology. Not fun. I've never been so under-prepared for an assessment and if I'm truthful I'll be extremely lucky to pass. Right before sitting the NAB I checked my mobile to discover a text from my brother saying Elise had been sent home from nursery with a dodgy tummy! Luckily my sister-in-law got her so I didn't have to walk out on my assessment. And now because it's likely a tummy bug, she can't go to nursery tomorrow!
Anyway, I reckon days like this are what 3 things February are made for - to force you to think about the good things and not focus on the negatives. So here goes:

1. We started Literature class this morning, which I enjoyed

2. Snuggled up in the living room with the children while gales and torrential rain rage outside

3. I don't have any assessments to study for now for the forseeable future!

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, what you doing in Literature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently, poetry. Looking at 'Something I'm Not' by Liz Lochhead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ' 3 things Feb'. It really makes you look at the good, not the bad. You did well!

    ReplyDelete